Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the coolest thing ever

last night, mike and i went to a 'screening' at the american sign museum [yes, the place where we tie the knot, for you attentive folk].  they were donated 100s of reels of old 16mm tins and we sorted through some of them last night.  unbelieveable.  rare animated sequences done by douglas leigh, who was basically the creative behind times square.  he basically was the brain behind all of those light up signs.  now, i already have this love affair with times square.  it basically stems from a photograph of my grandparents, a dress of my grandma's that i now own, NYE, an engagement.  so lovely.  i think my mom has the photo, so if i can, i will post it.   but i also love old signage.  in any case, the viewing was so cool, and it was just really special to me to get an inside look at the man who created the magic that my grandparents fell in love to.  seems universally satisfying to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment