Sunday, May 9, 2010

to all the mommas out there...

hope you had a lovely mother's day today.  i know i sure did. 

even though i was shackled to the green apron for a few hours today, i got to spend the majority of my day with the two most important men in my life, as well as time with my own momma.  it was pretty great.  there were also two little 'reminders' [from our mothers] about the impending family that's about to go down:  a mother's and 'future-father's' day gift of new towels from my mom, and a lovely card from mike's mom signed, "mom g and dale" [dale is mike's step-dad].  it was pretty cool.  something about hearing the prior generation hint positively about the big event made it very real, for some reason.  quite different than hearing it from our friends.  it was a good thing.  :)

so, to all the experienced moms, new moms and moms-to-be in my life, i hope it was a day filled with joy for you... a little reminder that what you do is very important work.

me + my little man, via my facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment