Monday, March 15, 2010

highs + lows

the lows:
so i spend a chilly cincinnati day off feeling sort of crappy and running errands. one of those errands was to try on some dresses. as you may remember in a previous entry, you may be asking why i did this. well, simply put, i had no idea what size i was or what was out there. i found a 'destination' dress online that was supposed to be at bridal and formal, so i decided to go and see it, but when i got there i was informed that it was, in fact, not there. nor was there amazing customer service, fyi. the young DAAP grad who helped me pick out some dresses to try on was lovely. her desk-hovering boss lady was not, however. one of the dresses i tried on was inspired by this dress i had seen while trolling, but it was made by maggie sottero and had a pink tag, which meant that it was the sample being sold off because that dress is being discontinued. while it was still a small fortune, it was also one of the only things i've seen that is both 'bridal' and 'lovely' simultaneously, and it looked cute as hell on me, so i actually started to consider it. i failed to get the model # while i was there. i ran a few more errands, including dropping off the rock for resizing, which is now going to take 5 days, rather than the 2-3 i was told, based on the design of the ring. frustrated by the insanity of dress after dress, delays in getting my stunning ring back, as well as mending from what might be the onset of flu, i then retreated home and got directly into bed. i stayed there for a while, talking to my sister, trolling the internet for the model # of that maggie sottero dress to get the 'what do you think of this one' email going with the sister, but to no avail, so i decided to call bridal and formal and get the number. i was told by not-so-nice boss lady that she would not be able to look for the dress because i had failed to place a deposit down on the dress today. say what? i didn't put $50 down to 'hold' it because: [a.] i went alone. i didn't have anyone there to back me up or tell me i looked pretty, except for the associate, and she doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. all my friends have jobs where they are required to work on mondays, jeez. [b.] even though my $50 could be transferred to a bridesmaid dress [not happening, since my *only* maid lives in atlanta] or a MOB dress [also not happening, as my mom isn't going to be buying anything from there for my casual-fun-party-marriage thing, especially now, lady], i didn't want to gamble it like that. and since when do commissioned sales associates deny working for a customer? after pulling my jaw out of my lap, i coldly replied, "so... because i didn't put down the deposit, you can't find the one maggie sottero you have on clearance so i can email the model # to my sister so she can give me her opinion on it from atlanta?? ok, well thanks for your help." at that point, she verified my info and said that she'd have sweet DAAP girl call me 'if she remembered'. i'm still waiting on this call... and am no longer interested in anything to do with bridal and formal. good thing i didn't put down that deposit today, eh? ;)

highs:
i was really annoyed and feeling ill. mike came home and made me soup and poured me a glass of apple juice, because he's awesome like that and that makes me really, very lucky. resting did me good, as i started feeling slightly less flu-like [yay!], and then i got back to internet trolling. then this miraculous thing happened. i was frustrated [as i mentioned, oh, about 10 times so far], and right in the thick of this frustration, i found a wedding dress classified site with a dress that i actually like, slightly bigger than my size, for sale by a girl who tried it on once then decided to wear a tea length dress instead, selling for a meager $100. yep. one measly banjamin. i emailed her promptly. now i wait. maybe i can pull this off after all? here's to hoping!

2 comments: