Thursday, March 11, 2010

'maids... er, 'maid

due to the simplicity of this shindig, and the smallness of the guest list, mike and i have decided to only have one witness each. that one person for me is, and always will be, my one and only sister. she is taller than i and most folks think she's older than i, but she is still my baby sister. born 3 days short of a year after me, we are 'irish twins', and are the same age for 3 days every year. pretty cool.


this is me, my dad and my sis, at christmas 2009

lucky me, my baby sis, who lives in atlanta, has a j crew bridal location about 15 minutes from her abode [lucky because there are only a handful of them in the US to begin with], so this morning, she has an appointment at j crew to try on her future maid's dress. we settled on j crew due to the simplicity of the dresses, the wearability/not-so-wedding aspect, and relative affordability. she is trying on about 6 different styles. since there's only one maid, and i wanted her to actually be able to wear this dress again, i actually let her pick it out. she was thrilled. she's been a maid quite a few times, and has ended up with a collection of dresses she'll never get to wear again, so this time, i want her to have a keeper. she's sending me photos of her in the dresses, so as soon as i get those, i will post them. i can't wait to see her in them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment