Wednesday, March 10, 2010

st. lucia

as i've browsed wedding dresses, i've found that i'm not really inspired by many of them. they just look like... wedding dresses. hm. i guess what i'm trying to accomplish is less of a wedding, and more of an event or party or good time, so it just seems a little silly to be parading around in a big ol' ball gown thing with a forever long train. i found a whopping 2 dresses that i did quite fancy, however, thanks to the internets. sadness came over me as i soon realized that one of them is no longer made, and hasn't been for some time, and the other one was going to cost me my second born child.

thank god for my amazing friend, lucia: derby girl. woman of character. drinking buddy. mom extraordinaire. seamstress for the band... and for jilly. yep, this hellpot of amazing has graciously offered to make me a dress, based on the two dresses i sent her photos of. she's trying to jumpstart a career in self-employment making pretty things for people, and she's going to create my dress. awesomes. and she's been sewing since 'nam. back when she was a married lass, she would openly tell remind me that mike was a 'tall drink of water' [since she's not married, she never says it anymore, as 'it's not appropriate now since she's single again'. see? character.], that she was convinced that we were meant to be, and in spite of my opposition to marriage once upon a time, she was going to make my dress when i finally said yes.

and here we are.

i can't really post pics of the dresses, as i don't want to give too much away and all that, but sewing will commence within the next few weeks. she is making me a mock dress, so we can fiddle with that to get it right before she starts crafting with the fancy fabric. i am thrilled beyond words that such an excellent lady is making something so important for me. and i can't wait to wear it. in the meantime, if you need a rad lady to make something for you, you should email her at luciajackson30[at]gmail[dot]com and hire her for your next party dress. :) or at least go get a drink with her, because you are guaranteed to have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment